- Active in the breed for some years now, I’ve benefited from my wife’s experience, Paula Santos Jorge, in breeding Shar Pei, first under the affix Costa Lusa and more recently under Lusaviva’s affix
- Lusaviva’s affix was founded in 2012
- Showing/Handling Shar Pei since 2012
- Author of some articles related to dogs and especially to Shar Pei
- Translator of various articles related to Shar Pei
- Founder/Member of a number of web pages regarding Shar Pei
At Lusaviva’s we strive to improve the Shar Pei, aiming at breeding correct, healthy, sound and balanced dogs. Giving the utmost importance to temperament and type.
With the help and friendship of a few more experienced breeders, on both sides of the Atlantic Ocean, we have tried to get our own type of Shar Pei.
We have been very fortunate to be able to send some of our puppies to show/breeding homes in Europe and in the United States of America, where they have made us very proud breeders. We are also very proud of the ones we placed in pet homes, where they get all the love and care needed, knowing that they can count on us for anything they need through their entire lives.
With the ones we kept in our home, we have successfully finished quite a few championships with them, giving the Shar Pei a visibility at Group and Best in Show levels in Portugal that didn’t exist before.
Personally, what I like most about this wonderful breed is its strong personality and the bond of trust and love that they form with their family. That somewhat distant and regal look of the Shar Pei, as if they own the world, is just fascinating.
At the same time, being a lawyer, I have been a member of the Law Office of the Portuguese Kennel Club for the past three years.